Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking to 2013

I may be guilty of following blog trends too closely. For example, today I'm going to go along with the "Word of the Year" thing.

First I get to decide what 2012's word was. I suppose "Transformation" would be the most fitting one. This gets into a bit more of the personal stuff, but at the beginning of the year I was content with who I was and hoping that some miracle would help me make a giant leap. It wasn't until the last few months that I decided that I had to become someone much greater, and start putting in the real work. Because of that, I actually have New Year's Resolutions this year, which I'll get to later.

Next, I'd better come up with a word for 2013. Unfortunately, I don't think the English language really has one word for going all-out, giving it everything I've got, doing everything I can without holding back. I kind of wonder why that word doesn't exist, but if it did, it would be my new word. (Correct me in the comments if there IS a word that I didn't think of!)

So that brings us to what I'm expecting myself to do with all of that. In fact, I'm expecting a lot of things, so I'm just going to make a list.

  • Finish and publish both The Third Face and its sequel, The Demon's Guardian.
  • Make 3 blog posts every week, including a Drabble Thursday, for at least 40 weeks of the year. (Try to get one or two in during the other 12 weeks, too.)
  • Read a book every week. No exceptions.
  • Beta read 4 novels.
  • And all the non-writing goals too...

Yeah. It's a lot. I have some hard work ahead of me. I don't expect to accomplish all of them, but I ought to at least get pretty close. I'm going to keep at it every day. I'm serious. Like I said, no holding back.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment