Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two Thirds Face

Yes, I am now officially two thirds of the way through rewriting The Third Face. Edition 2.

Pun aside, I just wanted to say that I'm proud of myself for this. What I have down is already 5,000 words longer than the first edition ever was. It's amazing how much real work I can get out in a couple of months if I just push myself all the time. Some of you will think my progress is insanely fast, and I agree--you'd be right to think that it's eating my life a little. (I can do other things when it's done!)

It's amazing to see how the story is shaping up, too. My main character, Rasuke, is turning into a real character that's worth following. His massive mental issues have evolved from being just one more mystery for the reader to solve, into something that he actually has to overcome in the course of the book. Even the villain, Ius, is getting a little bit of character arc as he struggles with being rejected by the one he answers to. And the subplots? Well, they're all falling into place.

I've packed more surreal and horrifying battles, internal struggles, complex relationships, and of course, hilarious Eibmoz moments into this novel than ever before. I know many of you haven't seen any of the content of this novel before, but let me just say this--there's a little of everything in it, and I trust myself to execute it well.

But underneath all the carefully-crafted alternate world and religion, underneath the powerful magic, this is an adventure, wherein a hero of great untapped power is rudely introduced to an enemy of even greater power. And you have to ask, is he fighting out of a hunger for self-worth--or just for his life?

No comments:

Post a Comment