Monday, January 21, 2013

Obscure Authors Alliance

Well, I've been talking about it for a while, and I finally did it. I've created a home for authors who are really struggling, who fight tooth and nail for every friend, follower, and book sale they make. I'm here to pool my resources with every other author I can find, whether they want to contribute posts, join in discussions, or just call themselves a proud member of this group.

The Obscure Authors Alliance is a Wordpress blog dedicated to all things writing. Eventually, I hope to create an article base that covers everything from character building to getting a sale, featuring the talents of as many authors as we can. In the meantime, though, we're a pretty small group, and I'd like to get to know everyone who's involved. Thus, I suspect we're going to have a heavy emphasis on chatting through comments at first.

Anyone can join this site and start making blog posts as part of the group. I personally believe that by contributing to a group effort, everyone benefits. The Obscure Authors Alliance has the potential to attract more readers than an individual's blog, and these readers in turn will see the individual members who write their favorite articles or are helpful in discussion. Thus, the more you participate, the more discoverable you become.

If you're interested in becoming a full-fledged author at the blog, all you have to do is fill out the form with your name and e-mail address, and I'll reply with an invitation as soon as possible. I can't do this alone, so I strongly encourage all of you to try your hand in this adventure. We're just getting off the ground, and every person can have a huge impact.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in! (And congrats on completing The Third Face! The last time I was on here, I think you were 2K away from your goal.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry I haven't contributed yet! I've been pretty busy and I'm a total derp with anything that isn't Blogger.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, it's no problem! I'm only just getting into a groove with it myself, and I've had a lot of help getting to that point. I think we're all just kind of figuring it out.

      Delete