Sunday, February 17, 2013

Progress

Lately, I've been talking a lot about the ebb and tide of emotions--the ability to keep moving. I've risen past both doubts and exhaustion, so now it's about time that I really got to work.

That's why I'm getting started on my final offensive, as it were, on The Third Face. After this work, there shouldn't be much left to do on it. I'm not rewriting it again (thank goodness), but some scenes definitely did need to have some big changes made to them in order to get them working in the context of the big plot. I may have to add and delete a few, too.

In other words, you can definitely look forward to things picking up here. April 5th is about a month and a half away, so the excitement is about to start building. Expect me to start bringing it up more often, talking a bit more about what the book is exactly, and throwing more and more tidbits out there.

It's even safe to say that I have a cover artist lined up. I had made a big deal about a cover art contest before, but I had very few entries and nothing really jumped out at me. So I finally decided to be active about it and actually look for a specific artist. Negotiations are going on right now, but I have a feeling the work of that is going to begin very soon. Once that's done, you'll know, because I'm probably going to start showing it off everywhere--this artist is a winner.

But, in the meantime, I can't celebrate until I've actually done the work of it. Every chapter needs to be looked at, both by itself and as part of the whole. I wouldn't be able to do this without a great group of friends and editors backing me up, of course. With their help, this novel is finally going to get done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment