Sunday, October 14, 2012

Art Attack

Good storytelling is a visual thing. The whole idea of it is to engage your reader's senses in your events. To do that, the author has to have those images very vividly in his or her mind as well.

The more strange or abstract that world is, the more it helps to have backup for the words on the page. Usually that means art.

Needless to say, I like drawing. I don't consider myself a great artist, but all the character illustrations that went with the release of The Third Face were mine. To the left here is another drawing of those characters that I did a bit more recently.

Other than this, though, I haven't drawn a thing in months. Time to fix that! There's another major character I want to introduce that way, and a bigger project that would be great to have done by Halloween.

So yes, expect images on blog posts to be a much more common thing from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment